Food is one of the most fun part in camping. There’s nothing better than enjoying the great outdoors with a stomach filled with delicious foods. However, it can be difficult to choose what food to bring especially when the whole family is involved. If you’re that person, then you’ve come to the right place. Listed below are foods for the whole family to enjoy.
Veggies, Tins, and Dry Food
- Chili – Make it at home and reheat it over the campfire to make it taste smoky and delicious.
- Tea & Coffee – These drinks will keep you alive and awake which gives you more time to explore and have fun.
- Cereals – Cereals can be great snacks even without milk. Don’t forget to bring them too.
- Bread & Baked beans – These two are the perfect combination for your family camping session.
- Tinned Foods – Foods such as tinned curry, boil-in-bag rice, and other tinned foods can be cooked on camp stove. They also won’t get soggy in the rain too.
Meat and Frozen Food
- Sausages – This is like the official camping food of some sorts because a lot of campers recommend bringing them since they are easier to cook without hassle.
- Burgers – You can find them in a lot of fast food chains so why not bring them to camp too?
- Tinned hotdogs – They are ready to eat wherever you are. Saves you time from cooking them by yourself.
- Mac N Cheese – This is for the kids who love to chow on to their favorite Mac N Cheese from home. Don’t forget to make one and bring them on camp.
- Tinned Tuna – They are great for making quick sandwiches or quick meals.
- Bolognese – Make this while still at home and froze it. It will defrost once you’re there on the camp and all you got to do is to reheat it over the campfire. Bolognese is perfect for the whole family.
- Marshmallows – No camping trip is complete without toasted marshmallows by the campfire. Don’t forget to bring lots of these.
- Popcorn – This is great if you want to have a quick snack without cooking something up.
- Cereals/Energy bars – Cereals and Energy bars are perfect if you want something sweet.
- Digestive Biscuits – Perfectly paired with chocolate bars and some marshmallows for those who had a sweet tooth.